Confirmed panelists include Russ Lesser (Body Glove), Michael Zislis (Shade Hotel, Rock’n Fish, Rock & Brews, The Strand House), Kirk Rossberg (Torrance Bakery), Heidi Maerker (Herald Publications), and Sam Kartounian (Tic Time)
Redondo Beach, California (September 22, 2014) —– ShopLocal.us announced its lineup of panelists featuring some of the South Bay’s most prominent local business leaders and influencers to speak at the South Bay Business Mavericks, a celebratory gala in honor of local and independent businesses in the South Bay.
The South Bay Business Mavericks Gala is an unprecedented gathering of the South Bay business community featuring a unique evening of celebration, inspiration and fun in honor of local businesses. The event is an opportunity to show support and give back to the small local independent businesses that help keep the South Bay communities healthy, wealthy and vibrant.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Russ Lesser, President, Body Glove
- Michael Zislis, Owner, Shade Hotel, Rock’n Fish, Rock & Brews, The Strand House
- Kirk Rossberg, Founder, Torrance Bakery
- Heidi Maerker, CEO/President, Herald Publications
- Sam Kartounian, Owner, Tic Time and Redondo Beach Watch Company
- “We are thrilled to welcome this dynamic group of local business professionals to share their stories of courage, creativity, and risk-taking that goes along with running a business and growing a brand,” said ShopLocal.us Founder Heidi Butzine. “We chose the mavericks theme because we believe it represents what it means to be in business today. Where conventional wisdom says, ‘can’t be done,’ the maverick sees opportunity.”
- The South Bay Business Mavericks panelists will share powerful lessons that inspired them to launch and take risks to help them thrive in business. Through an intriguing Q&A; discussion, panelists will help inspire the business community through shared stories of courage, creativity, perseverance, and the challenges and risks related to being successful in business.
- The evening will include networking opportunities and culminate with an awards ceremony where three locally-based small businesses in the South Bay will be awarded grant funds aimed at helping them grow or maintain their business. ShopLocal.us encourages all local business professionals and community leaders to register now to secure their spot at the South Bay Business Mavericks Gala. Media are welcome to attend by registering directly with the media contact listed above.
- For more information visit
- or contact Heidi Butzine at
- ShopLocal.us is dedicated to building the economy by boosting the visibility and profitability of small independent businesses through advocacy and grassroots publicity. ShopLocal.us helps connect people and local independent businesses in the marketplace. Last year ShopLocal.us gave over $3,000 total in grant awards and prizes to local businesses in the South Bay community. This year, ShopLocal’s grant program has expanded into a celebratory gala presenting an educational panel featuring some of the South Bay’s most prominent business “mavericks” and leaders, an awards ceremony for this year’s grant winners, promotional opportunities and more. Learn more at